I am currently working on the final things for Character Tool 3, mostly import scripts for old versions to the new and the online manual. My mind has started drifting towards Campaign Manage, which is in dire need of an overhaul. The following general things are planned:
1. Layout overhaul to bring it to the same level as Character Tool
2. Speeding up GUI and scripts
3. Addition of new functions
4. Making the application as configurable as possible
Although it will take some time to get there, I think it is reasonable to see a Character Tool+Campaign Manager combo in the future, where both applications run in parallel and make use of each others data. But this will take some time.
New planned features are:
• An enhanced Journal section with more support for different locations.
• A more detailed map section with detailed maps
• An overview function that will aggregate and present data along a timeline or connected to a place or person
• A session planner that assists the GM when planning his or her gaming sessions
• An enhanced treasure and item section
• An enhanced Establishments section with more details and maps
• An enhanced Weather function which will allow for more granularity
• In general, more metadata for each section that will allow the different sections to "connect" more to each other and allow for the "Aggregate" function to work in a good manner.
• I will attempt to make application configurable for different world systems (Harn, D20, AD&D etc), allowing for other game systems to be able to use it.
But there could surely be more interesting features or improvements done, not speaking about the bugs that surely abound
So this is a general call in preparation for the development of CM2 which starts in the end of January - please provide feedback, improvements and bug-reports in this thread or by email; the more detail, the better!
With your help, it will be the best Campaign Manager out there...
Best regards /Mikael