I'm pleased to announce a new bit of fanon I've just sent to Peter for uploading:
Bognor's Folly is set on the periphery of the kingdom of Orbaal in northern Hârn. Here, in the Anoth Delta, the rule of the Ivinian overlords is weak. Pirates, rebels, and barbarians prowl the marshes, as do more mysterious things. In this bleak wilderness is hidden an esoteric jewel: the lost sanctum of the great mage Bognor.
Bognor's skill was legendary. His knowledge of living things, especially the green and growing, was without compare. But so too was his pride. He delved too deeply into secrets best left alone, it is said, well past the limits of his understanding.
Nearly a quarter century has passed since Bognor's demise. Many have tried to find his marvelous home, to uncover his secrets, or plunder his treasures. None have returned. Will the player characters be able to succeed where others have failed? Can they find the wizard's famous abode and unlock its mysteries? Or will they, too, become victims of Bognor's folly?
56 pages of content, including:
• Bognor's Folly: An adventure synopsis with suggestions for getting your characters involved and for further expansion by the gamemaster.
• Bognor's Island: A description of Bognor's island sanctum, its unique inhabitants, and its secrets.
• Anoth Delta: A wilderness article describing the region surrounding Bognor's hidden sanctum.
• Bognor's Arcana: A collection of useful items associated with Bognor, including expansions of CGI's Herblore, Potions, and Tomes & Scrolls articles. Also included is a four page expansion of the Fyvria section of HârnMaster Magic, with details of some of Bognor's original spells.
• Maps and Plans: Player and GM maps of the island, plus plans of its two main locales. Also includes an atlas map and a player handout map of the Anoth Delta.
While part of the package, the Anoth Delta article is a separate download (for those who want to use it independently of the adventure stuff):
The Anoth Delta is a largely uncharted wilderness in northeastern Hârn, where the Anoth River empties into the Sea of Ivae. The terrain is primarily marshland, broken by areas of open water and more than a score of islands. The area is vast, covering about 750
Although the Anoth Delta is claimed by the Kingdom of Orbaal, it is also home to the Anoa tribal nation and is within the ranges of the nomadic Diaffa and Wurokin gargun. In addition to the Jarin and Ivinian inhabitants of the Orbaalese settlements, the delta is home to outlaws and pirates who find refuge in its marshy waterways.
The area is known for its abundance of wildlife, insects, and plants, some species of which are found only in the delta. The Anoth Delta is a dangerous place, with many natural hazards that can hamper or harm those unfamiliar with this type of environment.
This article describes the history, geography, flora and fauna, and natural hazards of the Anoth Delta. A map of the entire delta is included, as are descriptions of the area's three regions and their inhabitants.
By Brent Bailey, Rob Barnes, and Jonathan Davidson
Last edited by Krazma on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.